Ensure your child has access to a device (tablet or computer) with working internet. If not, don’t worry, you can apply for one through the NYC DOE.
Make sure your child has a login for their NYC DOE email account through the Student Account Self-Service link by following these directions:
Find Your Student Account ID and Password
To retrieve your account ID and password:
1) Go to Student Account Self Service(Open external link)
2) Enter your 9-digit Student ID (OSIS) number. (You can find your Student ID number on a report card, your student ID card, or in your NYCSA account.)
3) Enter your birthday.
4) Click Continue.
5) If the information you enter matches your student record, your username will be displayed.
6) Your student ID is your username followed by @nycstudents.net. For example, if your username is JaneD, your student account ID is JaneD@nycstudents.net.
7) If you haven’t already set up a password, you will be asked to set one up.
8) Pick a password that only you will know.
9) Re-enter your password.
10) Click Update Password
Looking for more help? Here are two helpful resources:
Turorital on: How to Find Your User Name
A video describing the process.