COVID-19 has had a profound impact across every aspect of our school system, including the admissions process. As a result, we’re updating our pre-pandemic admissions timeline to ensure ample time for families to explore schools and apply once the application launches. Please note:
- The high school application is not yet open, and no longer closes on December 4, 2020. Families and school staff will have additional time to apply.
- Registration for the Specialized High Schools Admissions Test (SHSAT) and LaGuardia High School auditions are not yet open, and no longer close on October 21, 2020. Families and school staff will have additional time to register.
- Dates and locations for the high school fairs, the Specialized High Schools Admissions Test (SHSAT), and LaGuardia High School auditions—as listed in the 2021 NYC High School and Specialized High Schools Admissions Guide—will also change.
We appreciate your patience and will be in touch with more detailed information and timelines as soon as we can. Here’s what families and school staff can do now:
Learn about high school and Specialized High Schools admissions! Get the latest updates on our website.
- Watch our new video series and stay tuned for future videos.
- Read our 2021 NYC High School and Specialized High Schools Admissions Guide online. Printed copies will be available at middle schools by early November. Please note that some information in this guide—such as dates, deadlines, and event information—was accurate at the time of publication but is now being adjusted due to the impact of COVID-19.
- Make an appointment with their current school counselor to discuss your plans for high school. School counselors are families’ best resource and guide throughout the admissions process.
Explore schools and programs
- Browse options by borough in the admissions guide.
- Learn about programs in detail and search for schools by course offerings, location, sports, and more in the MySchools high school directory.
- Make a list of programs of interest.
If you have questions, here is our contact information for school staff:
- HSEnrollment@schools.nyc.gov for questions about high school and Specialized High Schools admissions.
- HSPublications@schools.nyc.gov for questions about deliveries of the printed admissions guide.
- 718-935-2009 for questions about admissions and enrollment. You can also share this number with families.