Join us for Family Curriculum Night!
Thursday 9/19 from 4-7 PM
- Activities with Materials for the Arts
- NYU Langone Information
- High School application information with our Guidance office
- Meet with grade teams and sign up for PupilPath
- Meet with grade teams and sign up for PupilPath
Visit our school tours page
Dear 8th Grade Families,
Welcome back! I hope you had an enjoyable and relaxing summer. I want to introduce myself to those of you who do not already know me. My name is Cynthia Caspi and I am the 8th grade guidance counselor at MS 88. I will be working with you and your family on the high school admissions process throughout the year.
NYC has established an online high school application process. You must create an account in MySchools to start and submit your child’s high school application. MySchools creation codes will be sent to your home in the coming weeks. You can explore high schools, special programs, school performance, admission methods and athletic teams. In addition, you will be able to schedule the SHSAT, auditions and assessments on MySchools. Furthermore, you can also refer to the High School Directory and the Specialized High Schools Student Handbook distributed to all 7th grade students in June. If you have not received these two books, let me know. Below are admission websites that can further assist you in the high school application process.
Set aside time this fall to visit schools and attend admissions events. You can meet with high school staff and attend a high school admissions workshop at the events below. We have our own events scheduled below for you to meet with our team at MS 88!
I will communicate with you throughout the process, so look for any other high school admissions information I send. The deadline to submit your online application is December 2, 2019
I look forward to working with you and your child as you navigate the high school admissions process.
718-788-4482 ext. 166
When: Graduation is Monday, June 24, 2019
Where: 500 19th Street Brooklyn, NY 11215 (K280/former Bishop Ford HS building; middle of 19th Street between 9th and 10th Avenues)
Time: 10:00 a.m.
Doors open at 9:30 a.m. for ticket holders.
Standby Line for (non-ticket holders) seating opens at 9:50 a.m. (*subject to change)
*Due to a large graduating class and limited seating, each graduate received 2 tickets.
Parking can be difficult because of Monday alternate side street cleaning. Allow extra time to accommodate travel.
Standby Line Procedure
- Standby is FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED.
- There is no “spot holding” on the line. Courtesy please.
- We offer a standby line to accommodate additional family members. Kindly limit your additional guests to no more than 4.
- REPORT to the graduation site at K280 at 9:00 a.m. DO NOT REPORT TO M.S. 88!
- Students should be in their cap and gown.
- Students should not have any large bags.
- No gum chewing
- Students may wear any medals received at awards night.
Thank you for your cooperation. We are looking forward to celebrating with you!
M.S. 88 Información de dia de graduación
Cuándo: La graduación es el lunes 24 de junio de 2019
Dónde: 500 19th Street Brooklyn, NY 11215 (K280/antiguo edificio Bishop Ford HS; centro de 19th Street entre 9th y 10th Avenues)
Hora: 10:00 a.m.
Las puertas se abren a las 9:30 a.m. para los titulares de boletos.
La línea de espera para asientos (sin titulares de boletos) abre a las 9:50 a.m. (*sujeto a cambios)
*Debido a una gran clase de graduación y asientos limitados, cada graduado recibió 2 boletos.
El estacionamiento puede ser difícil debido a la limpieza de la calle lateral alternativa del lunes. Permita tiempo adicional para acomodar los viajes.
Procedimiento de línea de espera
- El modo de espera es PRIMERO, PRIMERO SERVIDO.
- No hay “retención de punto” en la línea. Cortesía, por favor.
- Ofrecemos una línea de espera para acomodar a miembros adicionales de la familia. Por favor, limite sus huéspedes adicionales a no más de 4.
- INFORME al sitio de graduación en K280 a las 9:00 a.m. ¡NO REPORTE A M.S. 88!
- Los estudiantes deben estar en su gorra y vestido.
- Los estudiantes no deben tener bolsas grandes.
- Sin masticar chicle
- Los estudiantes pueden llevar cualquier medalla recibida en la noche de premios.
Gracias por su cooperación. ¡Esperamos celebrar con usted!
MS 88’s debate team had a successful tournament at Stuyvestant High School. Our students showed extraordinary dedication and resilience in the weeks leading up to the tournament as they prepared for the topic Resolved: The Death Penalty is Never Justified.
Individual Speaker Awards- Novice Division (265 total speakers competed)
Anaya Guzman (631)- 5th place
Mia Greene (733)- 12th place
Darwin Santamaria(814)- 24th place
Afiya Duncan (733)- 38th
Jamir John (715)-45th place
Individual Speaker Awards-Intermediate Division (85 total speakers)
Joel Ortega (815)- 23rd speaker
Yelenny Cruz(711)- 33rd Speaker
Team Awards Novice Division (143 total teams competed)
Anaya and Mia (9th place overall)
Michelle and Afiya (30th place overall)
Darwin and Jamir (32nd place overall)
Kayla and Cynthia (47th place overall)
Bre and Jamiyah (52nd place overall)
Team Awards- Intermediate Awards (46 total teams competed)
Yelenny and Joel -25th place overall