Dear Middle School 88 Families,
Mayor De Blasio announced that starting March 16th, 2020 NYC schools will be closed until at least April 20th to control the spread of COVID-19.
If you need to grab breakfast or lunch, the MS88 building will be open for food pick up daily from 7:45 am- 12pm.
Your teachers are in the process of working on distance learning plans for you, and will be reaching out to you.
Should you need technology, resources and information will be available on Friday, and please note more details are to come.
We will be sending out information continuously to ensure that students are learning, and our families are informed.
Senior Activities for the Class of 2020
- Monday, June 8, 2020 – Senior Awards Night
- Monday, June 22, 2020 – Senior Prom
- Tuesday, June 23, 2020 – Farewell Trip
- Thursday, June 25, 2020 – Graduation
- Friday, June 26, 2020 – Senior Brunch
Mark your calendars for all these exciting events! (Times to follow)
Free Webinar: “NYC Public High Schools Admissions: What You Need to Know Once Results Come Out”
Wednesday, February 26
7:00 to 8:00 pm
Location: Your Computer!
If you are a NYC middle school family or school counselor, this webinar is for you.
Agenda will include (subject to change):
– What can you expect when results come out?
– What are the various results scenarios?
– What if you are not happy with your results?
– How will waitlists work?
– How will appeals work?
– What are my chances of success AFTER results come out?
– What can you expect to see in the MySchools system and when?
Maurice Frumkin is President of NYC Admissions Solutions and former Deputy Executive Director of High School Admissions with the NYC Dept. of Ed. Over the past 10+ years, Maurice and his team have trained hundreds of school counselors and counseled hundreds of families on the NYC high school admissions process, as well as K-college admissions. He is a frequent speaker at schools across the city on a variety of admissions topics.