Dear 8th Grade Families,
Welcome back! I hope you had an enjoyable and relaxing summer. I want to introduce myself to those of you who do not already know me. My name is Cynthia Caspi and I am the 8th grade guidance counselor at MS 88. I will be working with you and your family on the high school admissions process throughout the year.
It is important to research high schools to find which ones are right for your child. The New York City High School Directory shows all public district high schools and programs. Middle schools distributed the High School Directory and the Specialized High Schools Student Handbook to all 7th grade students in June. If you have not received these two books, let me know. More information on the High School and Specialized High School process can be found here.
The high school admissions website is schools.nyc.gov/High. From there, you can find some of the resources linked below:
- NYC School Finder (http://schoolfinder.nyc.gov) — Explore 12 choices for your High School Application.
- Online High Schools at a Glance — This excel file allows you to sort and filter schools.
- High School Admissions Events Calendar —http://schools.nyc.gov/choicesenrollment/high/events/default.htm
- Travel Time and Travel Directions — mta.info
- Subscribe to receive email updates with important High School Admissions deadlines and information here — http://schools.nyc.gov/Subscribe.
Set aside time this fall to visit schools and attend Admissions events. You can meet with high school staff and attend a High School Admissions workshop at the events below. We have our own events scheduled below for you to meet with our team at MS 88!
MS 88 High School Information Night:
Date: September 19
Location: MS 88
MS 88 High School Fair
Date: October 18
Location: MS 88
Citywide High School Fair:
Date: September 16 and 17
Time: 10 am – 3 pm
Location: Brooklyn Technical High School, 29 Fort Greene Place, Brooklyn
Borough High School Fairs:
Date: October 14 and 15
Time: 11 am – 3pm
Location: One in each borough, see the events link above for details.
I will communicate with you throughout the process, so look for any other High School Admissions information I send. The deadline to submit your application to me this year is November 21st.
I look forward to working with you and your student as you navigate the High School Admissions process.
718-788-4482 ext. 166